Saturday, August 21, 2010

What data base can I use to view and work on my customer's needs over the internet?

Does SQL provide decent computing? how do I install data base into my HTML webpage? I run an audit firm that now gone wireless and have people who wants to submit their business online strictly. I appreciate any answer, thank you!What data base can I use to view and work on my customer's needs over the internet?
On a website, use MySQL - it's probably already there. Databases provide storage, not computing. programming languages provide computing. (SQL provides limited ';computing'; and ';reporting';, but you want to put that on the site with a server-side programming language, not with raw SQL.)What data base can I use to view and work on my customer's needs over the internet?
Building a form %26lt;-%26gt; database application is simple enough but you need to be very sure it is secure from a privacy and hacking point of view.





Building a system where clients upload files to your website data store is a valid way to go as well. Same caveat applies regarding security.





We do this all the time - it just requires proper design.





Web tools exist to handle it fine.
I would encourage you to familiarize yourself with LAMP, Linux, Apache, MySQL, perl, python, php stack. The equvalent Windows is WAMP. The server connects the html to the database with use of a scripting language. To utilize these 'stacks' there are many choices of frameworks to add structure to a web site. Examples of frameworks are Zend, Dupral, Joomla! or you can design your own based on server programming using the stacks I menitoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment