Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do you cite the data you used from an article to make a chart?

I used data from an article to make a chart in excel. I am going to put the chart I made in my report and I need to cite the data I used in the chart. Would I just use the standard (author) after the chart?How do you cite the data you used from an article to make a chart?
you wouldn't just use the standard (author) after the chart if that could be misunderstood to mean that the graph came from that source, rather than the data.How do you cite the data you used from an article to make a chart?
You could put a note at the end of the table and write ';data from (Author, Year of PUblication). Then include the full citation of the source in your reference list/bibliography.

No comments:

Post a Comment