Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to transfer data that is greater than 4gigs to an external hard drive?

I have a NTFS windows XP system and when I try to transfer data to my external hard drive that is greater than 4 gig I get a message stating there is not enough free disk space. The hard drive has 500gigs and I know I have at least 300gigs free. Does anyone know how to transfer the data without any problems?How to transfer data that is greater than 4gigs to an external hard drive?
Try transferring it using a firewire cable and not the USB one.How to transfer data that is greater than 4gigs to an external hard drive?
There's probably not enough space on your first hard drive. When my internal hard drive was full and I wanted to copy my files to my external hard drive I got the same message. So, I had to remove some stuff from the internal hard drive in order to do it.
maybe your external drive was formatted with FAT32





FAT32 drives cannot handle file sizes greater than 4 GBs

No comments:

Post a Comment