Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I upload data from my graphing calculator to my computer?

Recently I've used the application DataMate to take a bunch of data about temperature using a temperature probe. I have a table and graph on my calculator (a TI 84 plus silver edition). I have TI Connect on my computer and a cable and I am able to interface the computer and calculator, i just don't know exactly how. I need to transfer the data (temperature vs. time table) from my calculator to the computer. I don't think that just using the screen shot feature will suffice- I'll need to actual transfer digital data. Once I do this am I able to copy and work with this data in Microsoft Excel?





I'm playing around with CellSheet Converter and am making some headway but I'm having trouble converting data from the format it is in on the calculator (w/ the DataMate program).





Thank you all so much!How do I upload data from my graphing calculator to my computer?
It seems a program called 'Logger Pro' will do the job in one step. This program is available to download as a 30 day evaluation from the first link below. The second link is a procedure for a very similar, if not the same experiment you just carried out. The last link is the google search terms used.





There might be another way to extract the data, but the procedure with Logger Pro should work.

No comments:

Post a Comment