Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I make two information systems interact/integrate with each other, to avoid data entry twice? Help?

I have two systems in my office, one is a performance management system and the other one is a database with an interface. Now I would like to steamline the process and avoid entering the same data twice, such that when data is added into one system, it also updates the data for the same entity in another system. How is this done, or where can I read more about it....I will highly appreciate your suggestion.How can I make two information systems interact/integrate with each other, to avoid data entry twice? Help?
You would use a server, if I'm understanding you right...


You can setup a server on one machine or get another machine to use as the server.


Then you just have both machines connect to the server.





I hope this is what you were looking for.How can I make two information systems interact/integrate with each other, to avoid data entry twice? Help?
I have a performance management system in my office and another DB with interface, at the moment data from DB has to be generated on an .xls sheet and then bulk uploaded to the PMS. Ideally I would like to eliminate the requirement of using .xls for d/u-load. What else can I do?

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment