Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I transfer large amounts of Data to an external hard drive safely?

I am running a bit low on my laptop hard drive storage space, so I have bought an 100GB external hard drive (bigger space than my laptop).


Is there a special way to move data (pictures, music etc) safely to this 100GB without losing it? Is it just a simply drag and drop operation?


Many thanks for your answers. How do I transfer large amounts of Data to an external hard drive safely?
To be safer, don't drag %26amp; drop..





Select the folder or files you want to transfer and right-click %26amp; drag them to the other HD, when you release you'll see a menu, then just select ';copy';





Once everything is copied and you have verified that, delete them from your laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment