Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I show the data on my excel pivottable?

I highlighted the two data columns I wanted to use. Then went to create the pivottable. I then took my two data catagories and assigned them to the top and left of my table. I can't seem to add data into the part that says ';drop data items here';. If I double click a cell it opens a new worksheet showing the data associated with that cell. How do I show the data on my excel pivottable?
You have to link ';count'; to the row information.





I don't have excel in front of me to be able to get the exact instructions, but you should get a pop-up box when you click on a field button that has a drop-down list at the bottom where you can choose rows or columns, etc and then you click on an item from the list in the white box above to link the information to that part of the pivot table.





Somewhere there (or in the pivot table) you have to tell the pivot table to 'count' the data.





Sorry to be so vague. =.- )

No comments:

Post a Comment