Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to experiment with Historical data for the stock market?

I am planning to start trading stocks very soon. I have a theory that I think will make me money, but I need the opportunity to test it. Ideally I would like to test my technical analysis strategy on historical data before going live. I know someone might say past performance is not a guarantee of future.. That's why I would like to try it on different stocks or different industries.How to experiment with Historical data for the stock market?
try the simulator at investopedia.com





keep in mind that everyone thinks they will make money, and it all looks easy in hindsight. real time is the only way to get close to the real thing, and even then, rarely the same as with real money on the line.





use the historical data to get ideas, then real-time to see if it works, then real money to see if you can apply it.How to experiment with Historical data for the stock market?
I've had a lot of fun with stochastic calculus as well. If your theory is mathematical, which I assume it is, I'd gladly check it over and provide feedback(I'm quite interested in what you've come up with, as I myself have had several successful ';real life tests';).
install aptistock





apply ur theory on data





check result on charts

No comments:

Post a Comment