Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I transfer data from an old hardrive from a broke computer?

My old computer (XP) went out on me and I wanna get all my data from it and put it on my new computer. I DONT want to chain the hardrive to my new computer. How do I get the data from it? Thanks-How do I transfer data from an old hardrive from a broke computer?
Your options on the old hard drive are limited if the computer that it is in is broken and you don't want to chain the old hard drive to the new computer.





Unless you have a friend with a computer who doesn't mind you saddling up your old hard drive to his/her computer, you're only other affordable option is to buy an internal-to-external hard drive conversion kit.





The kit allows you to plug the hard drive into a USB port as a high-capacity storage device. This is nice because when you have finished retrieving your personal files from the old hard drive, you can repartition and format it the way you want and use the old hard drive as a 'back-up' device (or do whatever you want to do with it).How do I transfer data from an old hardrive from a broke computer?
Plug it into the new computer (probably an IDE cable), transfer the data off of it, and then remove the old drive.
most computer shops will do it for around 拢60 (approx $90)
Define ';went out'; for us, please!


Do you mean that you couldn't boot into XP or the computer is totally dead without power?


If it not dead, you can use some of the Live OS CDs (most are Linux) to boot into that live OS, then access your hard disk and copy files over to a USB device for example.
precisesecurity.com as a article on disinfecting hard drives via. usb this would allow you transfer data as well
  • Bracelet
  • software
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment