Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I backup data on ps3 in case it breaks?

What am i supposed to get in order to back up my saves, data, and purchases on the ps3? I want to get something to backup data so in case my ps3 dies or breaks unexpectedly, I dont lose all my online records for my fps'. Try not to make the suggestions super expensive. Cheap as possible but still works. Thnx.How do I backup data on ps3 in case it breaks?
Remember that a backup in ps3 is defined as that system only so let me explain.





Sony is so afraid of you backing up your ps3 hdd and giving it to one of your friend, so they basically lose money. So what they have done is to link your the ps3 hdd with the ps3 that's how square it is. The backup is only for if you accidentally delete/format so you can recover it or if you swap the drive then it works. Because the ps3 writes to the program to the hdd so that it will only work on that system and I am talking serial number. I know it brutal but they are afraid of pirates so they make it so impossible, now you could make it possible with software but that's beyond me.





So listen get a 1 TB usb hdd I saw one at 95 dollars and that should be allot of space and here's what you do 1. back up via the ps3`s menu 2. manually backup saves so you can sleep much better at night.





And let me make it clear PS3 backup will not help you if your system is brain dead and you restore on another system because like I said they backup are only meant for that system and here's a quote from sony.


';If you back up data on a PS3鈩?system and then transfer data to another PS3鈩?system using the data transfer utility, copy-prohibited saved data that is included in the backup data cannot be restored on either system.'; So in other words you cant.





And you cant backup your trophy's but you can upload them to your PSN account.How do I backup data on ps3 in case it breaks?
PS3 Backup Utility:


Settings %26gt; System Settings %26gt; Backup Utility





http://manuals.playstation.net/document/鈥?/a>
i

No comments:

Post a Comment